As the cool weather moves in we are feeling Fall arrive! Crisp days and chilly nights are here, you can feel it and smell it in the air! The fire pit has been getting a lot of use the last few weeks and guests are loving it! There is nothing better after enjoying a long day of hiking, shopping in downtown Waynesville, or going on a local craft beer tour, than coming back to Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed and Breakfast and sitting under the stars at the Fire Pit Terrace while listening to the water wheel waterfall subtly in the background! There are so many great activities to enjoy this Fall in the Mountains. And we actually have a couple of rooms still available at Oak Hill! Here are just a few of the fun activities to enjoy this Fall during a visit to Waynesville:
- Go pick out your pumpkins at a local patch and while your at it throw in some apple picking too!
- This is the perfect time of year to get in a hike or two (there are hundreds of waterfall hikes within an hour of Oak Hill!) or a beautiful drive and picnic on the Blue Ridge Parkway to check out the foliage
- Schedule a tour or drive in to Cataloochee Valley or The Great Smoky Mountain National Park to see the Elk! This is the best time of year for Elk viewing!
- Hop on a local brewery tour, art tour, or wine tour with Leap Frog Tours
- Check out the new History, Haunts and Legends Tour in downtown Waynesville, we hear it’s going to be very spooky for Halloween!
- Live music and dinner Friday and Saturday nights at The Classic Wineseller
- The flowers are beautiful at The Biltmore Estate this time of year
- Barnaroo Music Festival at Franny’s Farm in Leicester
- Goody Acre Music Festival & Firefighter Fundraiser
- Take in a live show at Hart Theatre this months feature is The Glass Menagerie
Make your plans now before we are all booked up! BOOK NOW!